6.21.2007

...

Mentally and physically fatigued.

Mt. Holly has been good for one major thing: giving me distance from my life. I've been able to force myself to sit back and rationally map out some parts of my life.

Of course, this hasn't helped me to accomplish much of anything.

I need to begin forcing myself to wake up at a reasonable (read: EARLY) hour so I can start taking care of things that need to be done around here. I need to also force myself out of being angry or frustrated or resentful with certain people who I know mean well. I'm annoyed with certain things and the fact that certain people have been a little...overall shitty isn't really helping. If this were me at 23, I'd cut these people off with no remorse whatsoever. Of course, part of my mellowing out becoming an old fart means that I'm cutting these people way too much slack.

We might be downright nasty and ruthless with one another around here, but we'd do anything we could to help one another. Whether it means responding to a 4 am text message with "come to my work and I'll give you my house key" or not expecting compensation for kind and loyal deeds or just listening when one of us is bawling hysterically, we're there. I've had a knack at making some of the most loyal friends anyone could have.

Maybe I should stop being so angry and resentful with the liars and the bullshitters and the unreliable asses and be appreciative of the people I do have in my life.

Thank you.